To apply, click on one of the following links
Baldwin County Application for Mobile and Baldwin counties
Birmingham Application for the Greater Birmingham area
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Motivation and ability to work independently
- Demonstrates dependability
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Adherence to agency policies and procedures
- Knowledge of home management, including housekeeping methods and techniques and household budgeting; knowledge of basic elements of nutrition and meal planning, including special diets
If you would like to apply, you may do so using the form at this link
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. but may be waived if individual can read, write, communicate effectively, follow instructions, and complete records and reports accurately.
REPORTS TO WORK AS SCHEDULED AND IS REGULAR IN ATTENDANCE:
- Arrives in a timely manner without excessive absences and follow procedures for proper notification of absences/tardiness. Reports to work with a clean, well-groomed appearance.
PROMOTES A DESIRABLE WORK ENVIRONMENT/ATTITUDE AMONG FELLOW STAFF MEMBERS:
- Conveys respect for staff and clientele. Maintains a positive attitude at all times.
- DISPLAYS A DEGREE OF FLEXIBILITY IN WORK ASSIGNMENTS.
- Acts as a team member and assists other team members to meet work requirements. Maintains a flexible schedule to meet the organizations work requirements. Acts as a preceptor to assist with new employee/contractor/contractor orientation.
ATTENDS INSERVICE PROGRAMS TO FULFILL THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Attends the minimum number of hours of employment related inservice/continuing education per year. Seeks inservice programs to increase competency in the job requirements specific area of practice and/or expertise.
ACCEPTS CLIENT ASSIGNMENTS AND DISPLAYS FLEXIBILITY WITH SCHEDULE:
- Reviews schedule weekly and accepts assignments as needed or duties as directed by scheduler, nurse or supervisor.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be listed on the CNA registry for the state of employment if employed as a certified nursing assistant.
- If employed as a personal care aide, evidence of successful completion of an aide competency evaluation program is required.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of employment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee/contractor is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee/contractor is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required include the ability to hear and respond to the calls of our clients and the ability to effectively communicate with our clients.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee/contractor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee/contractor is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note: Must also complete the Criminal Background check and not be listed on the state of employment’s Health Care Personnel registry with a substantiated finding.